Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Question: What is it like being a royal watcher?

Jerry writes:

You mentioned you wanted suggestions about what to write about. I'd love to know more about you. What's it like being a royal watcher? When did you start? What's been your favorite experience with royal watching? What sort of friendships has it lead to? The thing that differentiates your royal watching from everyone else's is you....

Well Jerry, thank you for your questions! I'll answer them one at a time.

What's it like being a royal watcher? When did you start?

My interest started the day Prince William was born - June 21, 1982. I was 10 years old and I remember hearing it on the radio. I've been fascinated ever since. Before this blog I was only a closet royal watcher. But now the secret is out! I'm happy now, because I no longer have to pretend to collect egg cups, sports memorabilia, or paperclips. I enjoy being a royal watcher quite a bit, and having an outlet for it with this blog is even better.

What's been your favorite experience with royal watching?

I would have to say *cough* appearing on tv *cough*

What sort of friendships has it led to?

It's led to several friendships - which I think is just wonderful. I've always felt that people who are royal watchers form a small, tight knit, community. At least that's the feeling I get from visiting various forums. In terms of royal blogging I think it's an even smaller world as there are only about 10 or so English language royal blogs.

The thing that differentiates your royal watching from everyone else's is you....

I don't know that I'm any more passionate about royalty than any other royal watcher or people who participate in royal forums. Maybe having *cough* internet talk show *cough* makes me somewhat different because I don't think there's anything else out there like that. But for the most part I put my pants on one leg at a time. ;)

© Marilyn Braun 2007

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Like royal books? Visit Marilyn's Royal Bookstore!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: